Friday, February 2, 2018

Channel Stitching

This is Day 3 for the machine quilting. It is looking nice and I am glad I selected to do channel quilting diagonally. I admit that it is slow going and as each line of stitching is added, the weight of the quilt grows. I am not sure why this happens, however, the more stitches a quilt has, the weightier it becomes.

This weight of the quilt pulls it from under the needle, so having the tape to delineate it works for me. I can keep it better 'on the line' this way than any others I tried. After the first day of stitching 3 lines, the next day, I stitched 5 more on both sides. Whew. It is my hope to continue stitching, resting, stitching a bit more until it is completed.

There is something to staying on with a project or making a commitment to the goal even though the process is hard. There is something to second guessing one's self and wondering if you made the right choice. Everyone does it with whatever they work on or chose.

Every once in awhile, someone posts a question that asks if there is anything in your life that you would do differently now that you know where you are. I look back and truthfully, even what I thought were my bad decisions worked out for my greater good. We learn from our choices.

I learn from my quilting. One thing I keep in mind is the weightiness of machine quilting and attempt to keep the quilts I make smaller. Sometimes that works, and sometimes with a Mystery quilt, it doesn't. Like this one. But I love the top. I love the back. And I know once the channel quilting is done, I will love it too.

Love your life. It is what you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment