Wednesday, February 21, 2018

NOOOO, Drat, Dang...whatever....

Its hard to go against common ideals for quilting, and making a low contrast quilt is a perfect example of what that means.


I laid out the 80 blocks on my bed the way the pattern suggested & decided not to try other options just because I could not SEE what I have right now. 

The low contrast IS difficult. I pinned rows and hoped my piecing worked the first go-around so nothing needed to be ripped to do something different on it. Hah.

Eight columns by 10 rows. Eighty blocks.

I pieced the blocks into 2 rows each only to discover that there is too large a seam allowance and the blocks do not line up. It was so very discouraging that I became immobilized for most of the day. It was too cold to get outside in the gardens, so I just crashed & burned on the loveseat the rest of the day re-watching old reruns of Bluebloods. I'm feeling sorry for myself & just whiney.

This quilt is important for me to make one of my Cousins who has really had a few hard years that I know of & maybe more I don't know about. So I returned to the task of ripping seams, trimming off excesses & re-joining the blocks.


I suppose I should have taken it slower & checked my work, block by block. But I didn't do that. And at least it was correctable. I think of things in my life that were not. The quote 'I live by Bourbon & Poor Choices', from the movie, LONDON HAS FALLEN, which I also watched while feeling sorry for myself, showed me that you just pick your silly-ass-self up and get on with things.

I also put together 12 treasure hunt clues for my GrandSon's birthday, so feel better about today.

No comments:

Post a Comment