Saturday, July 20, 2019

August Orange

The Orange BOM swap and the monthly Mini Quilt swap are all I am doing until I catch up with the BOMs still waiting.

The July was a 1/4 “ short on one side. I am keeping the first one and ripped one outside bar off and cut it wider to trim when it was finished.

Then I made the August block. The center 9-patch came from my scraps. As the scraps get used, ill either cut them for my stash, or toss if they won’t.

I also pulled 42 white 2.5” mini charms from my stash to give them as an extra with the July block. I also put one of the Fairy magazines in. It has been a plan for awhile to use up what I have . It seems like a lot, even after all my years of quilting.

Things I have either in the closet or on shelves is valued. I know that if I don’t share things, most will get trashed. Unfortunately I have slowed down making projects. Over the years, I have come to see that most people want to fill their homes with personal choices.

I like these sampler quilts because choice of colors are so varied, that they go anywhere. Art shouldn’t exist to coordinate with a sofa. But people by cheap products and emplacement them in a couple of years. This one, because each block has oranges, will go to one of my Great-Niece whose Mother died from leukemia. Orange was chosen for leukemia awareness.

No comments:

Post a Comment