Thursday, July 18, 2019

Placemat Swap

It is actually two placemats and two coasters.



When I chatted with my partner, she told me she liked Earth tones, batiks, and modern style. I messaged back that Earth tones could be dark soil of the Midwest to baked clay of the Southwest. While my pictures show black, the fabric is dark green. I added as many batiks as I had, and did as close to a modern concept as I could conceive. No pattern.

I did the coasters in a similar was with scraps from the project. Then just line quilting.

What am I experiencing? I think the greatest thing is to keep on. I see how hard it is becoming for me to stick to my old routines. So I don’t. In the past, my energy was high in the early morning. It is not.

I sometimes don’t get to work until afternoon. And I don’t push myself. I used to multi-task. Now it seems more important to finish one project at a time. I had been signing up for swaps, and stopped myself. I don’t do well multitasking anymore and want to catch up.

First on that list is a Solid BOM. Like the others, I am 6 months behind. I plan to get back to them all to catch-up before signing up for more. Also, there are some UFOs or unfinished projects.

What is the lesson? Just Do It.

No comments:

Post a Comment