Friday, July 12, 2019

Watermelon MR

Ive assembled a simple 3” patch mug rug, and kept it. When I bought a simple watermelon fabric,  it seemed like it would work for binding.

So I am working on it. The patches are front and back and will sit on my dining room table just fine. While it seems like a big step to keep something for myself, it is still something I rejected to give others.

I’ve been working on the mini quilt for a swap. The theme is Summer vacation. The size must be larger than 9x22. First, the design. Then, fabric selection. Next, the cuts. As it is I sewed 10 buttons on, numbered them with a permanent marker. They need to be trimmed and some of them joined. I will have to re-draft measurements at that point for better results. Right now, those 10 pieces are rough though I do have a plan. No pics yet.

The Solid BOM project is at least 6 steps behind the group and is next on my to-do list. I want to get this half pieced to make good color choices for the rest of it. All of it is scrap quilting.

It would be so nice to get some of these storage boxes put back in the closet. I think clutter slows me down. I need order around me so I can be creative.  Right now, my mind races as I think about changes, ideas, patterns, colors.

The Bug Jar mini would be perfect for a person who likes them, but might freak out a person who doesn’t. I’ll just keep it awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment