Thursday, July 11, 2019

Mini Quilts

I finished two mini quilts last night. Inspiration comes from one the swap groups I am in.  Sometimes I laugh at how many pieces of fabric I have.  One of the health groups I am in speaks about the lack of motivation from a dopamine deficiency because of an inflammation. Well, I’ve been dealing with this since the first part of the year and have been finding mysel less able or willing to do much.

Anyway, I push myself a lot these days.

The theme this month is Summer Vacation. I made this w

 All hanging for my Granddaughter ‘s Stepchild, whom I consider my Great-granddaughter. She is a pitcher in a fast-ball league. She is 12. When I was back in MN, I was able to attend two games, both of which her team won.

It was a very peaceful evening to sit on lawn chairs and marvel at how these young women played. Families came out to watch. What surprised me more than anything is the extremely high cost of participation. Why heck, a decent bat  runs from $350 to $500.! Other gear is the shoes, hats, shirts, socks, helmets, and gloves. Families travel many stay at hotels, potluck and cheer on the girlies.


The swap mini is a bug jar pattern. After making it, I changed my mind. I sewed butterfly buttons on it as well as one flower button. It is echo stitched, bound and has a dowel attached in back for hanging. I wouldn’t hang it, so why expect someone else to? I sent my partner an email telling her I planned to make a different one.

At this point, I don’t know what I will do with this one. I’ll head out to the P.O. this morning and get the baseball one sent.

Another thing I did yesterday was to press, layout and join some blocks for my next BOM I want to catch up to. It is being made from solids in my stash! And most likely will be lasrger than I plan.

Whether or not I am wiped by chance or by choice, I am pushing myself to do something more each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment