Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Cutting, Planning

Today was a good day to cut and plan.

That’s it. I was going to stop writing because honestly, even thinking takes a lot of energy.

When they talk about Christmas in July, it’s for folks who plan for December, who have to buy supplies and mail by the end of November. Like me.

That’s what I started doing.

I worked later into the night to finish another block. I had a date with Jack. Block layout sometimes gets to me. While it needs trimming and a good press, it is done.

How can it be that there are six more blocks?

Yet.

And then, I printed off another BOM pattern. I was caught up on that project. That means there are 7 blocks from two projects. This doesn’t even factor in the Piggy appliqué BOM. Oh well, I was away from quilting several months, so I need to be gentle with myself.

It is very hard not to start another project. Back a few years ago, this was how I quilted. Now, I am deeply committed to finishing projects, even the UFOs hanging in my closet. If I can finish these SEVEN blocks, then, I can start on the holiday gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment