Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Basting Day

I really love this quilt. I say that with many of them, yet this one holds my heart right now. Things change, but usually by the time the quilt comes to the clubhouse and gets pin basted, I have found a passion with it.

Usually during the basting session, I make a choice for how to machine quilt it. At first my plan was to vertically channel stitch it. However, it is 3 blocks wide by 5 blocks long, so it needs the optical illusion that adds more to it side to side. I will machine quilt it horizontally.

The next challenge is which thread to use. The back is the same orange as the borders seen on the top. So I am going back and forth on using either orange or black. The 5 panels, obviously are black and would look better with the same color of quilting. However, any wobbling or errant stitches would show the black on orange in the back. I could have one of each, but sometimes the needle will lift the color from the back and show it and little tracks. 

Still thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment