Monday, November 27, 2017

Shopping From My Closet

I have an exchange for Swapbot where we make something seasonal for our partner. I thought about the block I am to host of the Guest Designer quilt and realized one of the blocks would work perfectly!


It is a centerpiece table topper. The extra gift is this darling creamer & sugar bowl. I machine quilted a small grid over it and used the same holly fabric for the binding. 


What I like is make these reversible so here is the other side, which I would use more myself if it were mine to keep. 

I was able to iron on the stabilizer for the tee shirt quilt and cut them to size. I found a lot of the orange, white and black 12" blocks that will go perfectly. I plan to spend time playing with layouts before stitching up the top. I found other scraps for the back but need to finish the top before starting on it. I also found a bag of unopened batting AND located everything else that had gone 'missing'.

It was a good day. Lights are hung on the windows, floors dusted and vacuumed, and leaves raked in back (with only a few more to come down). I've set out ingredients to the dolci (sweets) I plan to make and ship on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment