Sunday, November 19, 2017

Being Gentle With Myself

I've been feeling almost shamed that I haven't been quilting. Not sure where that feeling comes from because when I look at my sidebar list of things to do, items for November are on it and it is still November!


Today is the day I travel to Ventura, in part to be on one of the Pacific beaches there & primarily to get the trinacria tattoo done by my left ear. From what I read, this is supposed to be a painful experience, & the after-care takes 2 weeks. That means getting my head right about it. 

Jack, the tat artist is someone I trust to place it and have it turned the way that will look best behind my ear. I released the need to be as directive about it as I was with the one on my right shoulder. He takes pride in his work.

I've been wanting a tat under this left ear for some time. The left-hand path is about elevation and centrality of the self as well as rejection of religious authority & societal taboos. Clearly, I am at this stage of spirituality. It is said that Dragon magick is not for everyone. It is a hard path, and I know I have been on it for some time. One must be self-disciplined and serious about changing things in their lives and the world around them. I am. 

It is the combination of the left side and the dragon as well as having it be so visible that brings on the power. It makes a statement that I am ready to make the changes.
(I don't know why the background is white on some lines.)

No comments:

Post a Comment