Thursday, November 9, 2017

Mystery Designer

I applied for one of 12 positions to present a BOM for a Sampler Mystery Quilt and was selected for June 2018. It is pretty low-key because we share the link to the pattern, and make a sample a couple of weeks earlier.


I spent the morning going through fabrics in my stash to determine my theme. The pattern is called LADY OF THE LAKE 2. It is smart looking, and I have not seen it in any samplers for the group to date. I plan to make a version in holiday greens for another option. 

The process is a little putzy, and by that I mean, there are a number of piecing steps. First, the tic-tac-toe square is made in strips, which are pieced, cut and pieced again. Then that square is partnered with a corner square. An aqua square is laid over a navy strip to make an HST, and then that is joined to the first 2 to make a square. Then 2 squares are joined, and form half the block. A final trip to the machine joins them to make the whole. Nine separate trips to the machine, back to press after each one. However, for one block, it is nice looking and will be a great addition to the mystery quilt.

Then it was time to baste the First Snow quilt. It only took 45 minutes so I am getting rather proficient at getting it done quickly. There was a bit of backing fabric left after trimming and will take the length times two to finish it off and integrate top with bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment