Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Excited to Finish

I have a number of projects in my closet that I consider Works in Progress or WIPs rather than unfinished. Now that projects have designated recipients, its like there is new energy put into them. I feel a re-newed passion to work on quilts again.
This morning I reached a place where I needed to order more supplies to finish one I just started, and used the gift card my younger Son sent. I put the Log Cabin blocks I was working on away until the fabric comes, returning to one of the quilt-along quilt tops I made this year. It only needed threads clipped and to be pressed. It had the back & batting, so is ready to baste and then quilt.

Bit by bit, the storage containers are emptying or being used for other things. Finally, I am seeing a change in what seemed to be a huge stash of fabrics. For so many years now, it seems that my quilts have been scrappy, and they are quite nice in the end. However, there is a difference in the look from scrappy to when a quilter buys coordinated fabrics for a more polished look. 

I will make more of the scrappy backs to fit with any of the quilt tops and keep the movement of fabric going out. These are fun to make too.

No comments:

Post a Comment