Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Life is Full of Surprises

This quilt had so many steps, and yet, is charming enough for me to do another using Outhouses instead of the traditional ones shown in the pattern.


There are five borders to the personal lap quilt. The surprise that came as I finished the top was finding a blue print fabric for the backing included as part of the project. It even has binding cut and ready to finish. I am quite pleased with the ending of it all. Because it is a designated wedding gift in late February for a family member, it will be basted, quilted & bound as soon as I am able.

The car guy is fixing the master brake cylinder today. It was terrifying to drive with a failed brake yesterday as I shipped out the last of the holiday parcels to family, kept my doctor's appointment and dropped off a donation at the thrift store. I still want to buy a new car but am not in crisis mode right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment