Monday, December 11, 2017

Sewing, Sewing, Sewing

This is the month that all borders go on for one of the BOM I joined last year. What a lot of work it is. Luckily, all the pieces were pre-cut during the first month and now all that one does is simply assemble. That means pinning, sewing, unpinning, pressing, and either pinning again or cutting first and then pinning. Its going to be lovely and worth it but for now there are no photos of the progress.

Also, today, I am working on the cutout cookies to ship tomorrow. Today, I cut out sugar cookies, made Toll House mint/chocolate chip cookies & Biscotti. No matter how I tried to time the Toll House, they either got more done than I wanted or had soft centers.

I cut & baked ginger-bread boys yesterday. Both kinds of cutouts are getting frosted today so they can set overnight before trying to box and ship. 

Long day baking. Even though I am doing less baking and have found ways to do the stages over many sessions rather than to do everything at once.

I remember many baking parties with family and with my friend Virginia in MN. We were crazy back then but had the energy to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment