Sunday, December 24, 2017

With All I Did

After piecing strips together for the back of the comfort quilt I am working on, and measuring it to match the top, it needs at least 10 more rows. Before I put this fabric away and it gets used for something else, I want to finish what is started for the back. It is quite beautiful even now before it is completed. The colors brighten each other and are almost like a choir.

Stores in town are closed for the holidays, and I will wait until Tuesday (the day after Christmas) to shop for one of the focus fabrics I want for different one of the comfort quilts. Usually I finish the quilt top before buying the border fabric when it is needed. This pattern is one of those easy-to-make ideas.

The idea of creating comfort quilts this year has actually been comforting for me. I am excited to use the 'stash' in my closets, as well as being challenged to create something special for my family and friends who asked for a comfort quilt. It feels like a stronger connection between us.

Once again, it seems that I have many projects going at once. I am not fighting that in me. I have always been a multi-tasker, and quilting has opened up this way of being even more for me. I can move from one project to another and return to finish what I started. I can work on several projects in a day, and bring them to completion at different times too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment