Thursday, December 14, 2017

I've Changed My Mind

A relatively big change of plans, change of thinking, change of mind took place last night. For all my short quilting career, I made quilts & gave them to family members & friends by using what I have here and not asking if they wanted specific sizes or colors. It was practical for me, even if not sensitive to their wants. There are a number of quilts I plan to finish in 2018 that are on the side bar list. Ten of them need batting.

The change is that I decided to remove names of possible recipients, just finish quilts & ask who might like them either for themselves or for someone they care about who might enjoy having a comfort quilt. 

I love quilting. It seems to me, in the darkness of the night, that I am taking a lot of pressure off myself. This way, I have no need to finish in a certain time for a certain reason.


My younger Son just gave me a substantial gift certificate to Joann's. Watching for sales, with it, I might be able purchase enough batting to finish every quilt on my list using up scraps in my closet. I will continue making tops and backs with what is here first.

No comments:

Post a Comment