Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Basting a Mystery

The quilt I basted this morning was a mystery BOM. I knew the theme when I signed up, but did not know how the blocks would look. I chose to do a scrappy quilt (hah) which meant each block was a color theme unto itself. The more colors, the easier it fits into any home.

I really thought I had the back cut to fit too, but when I laid it out, one side needed to be cut off and the top turned on it to fit all four directions. An hour job took an extra half hour. More basting pins were used because I am unsure how I will quilt it yet and wanted everything to stay in place. So glad I can come into the clubhouse rather than try and do this on my floor space.

I found one of the appliques was not done and now will be a bit more difficult to do with the fullness of all 3 sandwich layers. Experience has taught me to wait until it is quilted so it doesn't pucker around it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment