Monday, January 15, 2018

No Photo Mug Rug

I made a mug rug for a swap, forgot to take a pic, wrapped it, put it in a box that also got wrapped, and put it in a box for shipping, which also got wrapped. Funny when I do that because even small mini quilts are projects worthy of being called quilts. Its funny and yet.

Sometimes the smaller things are like 'small' people; people who go about their daily lives and do not make large contributions or think they change the world. Most of us are smaller people in the greater scheme of things. Heck, even greater people are small in the even largest of schemes.

This little mug rug goes to a young woman in NJ who is working hard to make a difference in her world. Three things were promised in this swap: Chocolate, a beverage and a profile gift. Profile gifts are what we buy or make or send that somehow shows that we read what our partner wrote and made an attempt to honor her likes and dislikes. 

My partner likes tea. I pulled 3 bags from what I have and tucked them into a mug rug. The swap is fulfilled. Of course, there were other things I added to make it a sweet package. I know how important it is for me to open mail and get things that tickle my soul. Even though I didn't take a photo of the mug rug, it is hers now and hers alone.



No comments:

Post a Comment