Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Releasing a UFO

I've been working on this apron for a couple of years. That's right. I do a little on it and put it back in the drawer, frustrated with the project, wishing I had never started it, realizing that if I only do a little more, maybe, just maybe I can get it done. But not this time. 


This time, I stitched up the neck straps, added them to the bib and stitched the top. If only I could just stick to the project and get it done. However, I cannot seem to stay with it. And so, I decided to put the bib and apron project into a plastic bag and donate it to the thrift store. Someone else can attach the bib to the apron and take pleasure in it. I do not take pleasure in it and need to let it go. Done.

The other project I have going is the Mood Quilt which is more a BOD or block of the day than a BOM. The first row is done and it is too long to be in one photo so I folded it and this is a reference. I have no idea how it will look at year's end, but it will make a nice back no matter what.

Then I turned attention to the leftover scraps from the Outhouses quilt to make its back. The top current measures 58x68. Very approximate size for this lap quilt is 50x65, so what I have is actually a little larger & will do.  My older Son said he preferred cotton, so I cut what matched the top into 2.5" strips & started joining them to a 62" width providing an overlap for cutting. I like the idea of having horizontals in back so the channel stitching on top will work quite well. Its like making a complete quilt, however, it uses what fabrics I have. Pic to follow when I finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment