Thursday, January 11, 2018

Project Backup

Many things have put my projects into a state of backup. There is an underpinning of frustration for me because I am a person who likes new beginnings, not waiting. Yet, here I am.

The Velcro and large button are on the Weekender Tote, and all threads clipped. Ready to ship out for my birthday Son. I even spent time loading all but one of the bobbins in prep for more. The one left is dedicated to machine quilting.

Two projects are in my carry bag ready to get into the clubhouse for basting. More projects are in bins, also waiting for basting. Thing is, machine quilting takes time and fills me with dread more than another other part of quilt-making. Also, I have enough safety pins for basting 2 at a time.

With the holidays over, some time has been taken up with packing things away, ensuring that nothing gets broken that I want to keep and nothing is kept that no longer serves my decorating desires.

Weather halts my desire to walk the block and a half in the rain and wind carrying a heavy bag that cannot be set down in the wet street.

One of the quilts in the bag is dedicated to a wedding in February. I want it done first. Maybe next week. 

Meanwhile, there are projects to piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment