Thursday, January 25, 2018

When it Rains

After too many years of drought here in California, it is a joy to see the gentle rains. Thing is, it means darker skies and lights on in the studio. When I moved in here, I painted the ceiling a dark blue and walls a robin's egg blue...light. At the time of painting choices, I paid attention to where the Sun rose and set. Trees in back are leaf-free so what light is there comes through.
However, like the song says, 'rainy days and Mondays get me down'. I sorted the next quilt tops, backs and batting for basting and have three ready to go. (Just a very cute pic I found, not a quilt I am making)

Then I went into the scrappy scrap bag to pull out floral prints for a mug rug I plan to make for a swap. I need to go through that bag and toss the scraps that are essentially non-unusable for me. I may either toss them in the trash (ugh) or in a baggie to go to the thrift store. I want to be a bit more realistic about what I want to use. 

Meanwhile, the audiobook I am listening to is THE CROSSING by Michael Connelly and takes place in LA. Fun detective genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment