Thursday, January 18, 2018

Photos At Last

The computer guy was here yesterday, and fixed the power supply that burned out on the tower. I moved it from the floor to a table so it will get less of the dust and cat hair buildup. It means a bit of change in how I do things with it, but the office part of the studio is better for it.

This morning I downloaded photos. I want them here for my own memory and as a way to track my progress on projects.

The first finish is the Weekender Tote. My 12" square ruler is behind it for perspective. This was such a challenge because of the hard batting material and its flat here in the photo which doesn't show sides and inside. It is gift wrapped and in the shipping package ready for my younger Son's birthday.

The next project that is done beyond this photo is the quilt top for my older Son. This is how the four Outhouses look with the inner borders before sashing and before the final borders for the top. I wasn't sure about the fabrics but love the earthy, more guy look to it. I've asked if he wants a flannel or cotton backing and will probably need to buy whichever one it is.

Then I started on a low contrast quilt for one of my Cousins who lost her Mother / my Aunt last year. This pattern rightfully calls for higher contrast so there is less trouble matching pieces. I've got it now and will make however many blocks come from what fabric there is and just add borders to make it the size I want.

I basted one quilt yesterday and didn't take photos of it, and did a seam check and pressing on yet another one. 

Now that the office and studio room is reorganized, I can get back to the work. The Fly Lady zone for this week was the Bathroom and one other room. How I love this system for cleaning a house. While waiting for the computer guy, I cleaned the bathroom floor, drawers, scale and throw rugs. I sharpened pencils and threw out non-working pens. I think the greatest tool for me in this system is having a list of things to do in these rooms. And if I don't get to everything in one month, there is always next month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment