Sunday, January 21, 2018

To Go On

Some days it feels like it is hard to go on. One of my friends asked if I was in the burnout stage. Burnout feels like apathy and immobilization. And both those feelings are valid. I think what pushes me forward is the desire to go on...to continue...to thrive.

I am still hand sewing the binding on the Wedding quilt. One more session might do it and that project can be gift wrapped, boxed and shipped by week's end. It is close. 

My plan is to finish quilt projects that have been started and move more of these scraps. The odd BOM quilt is actually a BOD or Block of the Day quilt. One strip will be finished on Monday. I have darkened the pattern parts to see how each month looks.

This pink stripe quilt is meant for a 2nd Cousin. Seams are checked & re-inforced where needed, threads clipped and the top is pressed. I tossed the muslin into the washer and will cut it to fit. The top measures 59x71 which is nice for a personal lap quilt. It might go into the bag with the other quilt ready for basting. I would like to get it done this week so I can start machine quilting. In both cases, I plan to do a horizontal channel stitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment