Sunday, April 22, 2018

Earth Day

I didn't quilt today. My doc said that my 'sit still' recovery needs to take a couple more weeks, and while this is frustrating, I am trying to hold to that and have been reading and resting. 

When a person, who is used to high activity, is made to rest, the mind does all sorts of weird things. I fall into the depths of thought that predicts I will never regain my abilities. Not true of course, but it is the primary thought. Then I feel every ache and pain to high levels, but know, in truth, that it is lessoning each day I give into rest. It is extremely difficult for me to give in. Two more weeks seems like an eternity.

I took out the Treasure Hunt supplies for my 12-year-old Grandson's birthday. I had to change one of the clues from the 'washing machine' to the 'garage' because the clue to the dryer might have sent him into the side-by-side appliance. I bought more wrapping paper & tape for the packages. I haven't started that part of the process yet. It all needs to be wrapped & finalized for a mid-May mailing so my Son gets it in time. This is the next step and one I may take soon.

His language of love is QUALITY TIME, and that is mighty difficult to manage living more than 2000 miles apart. The other Grands had me for many years, and I am the 'second' Grandmother for all of them, meaning their Maternal side often ranks first. Makes sense that the kids would lean toward the side of the family they see most.

I can express my love in every way as listed here, except for the physical touch and the quality time. Of course, that is exactly what they need. I work very hard to express love in every way possible for long-distance relationships.

In truth, the older I get, the less energy I put into sending what they might like or need. All of us can only do what we can only do. It really requires a great deal of creativity.

My Grandson is the youngest of them all, and the only boy. This is the third birthday treasure hunt I've put together, and so I know more of the method that it takes, and think it will be so fun for him, my Son and his partner.

No comments:

Post a Comment