Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Mood Quilt

Although I spent a couple of days resting, and then doing stretches, I was able to join blocks to finish the fourth row of the Mood Quilt. What I wish I had done with this quilt was to make a 3-color version of it for Energy-Productivity-No Energy. Maybe next year.

Anyway, this is where the BOD or Block of the Day quilt is right now up to March 31. I started April. I will keep joining blocks for each day in rows and wait to join two of them to the larger piece that is currently shown. I am delighted to use the box of charm (5") squares that I have collected since I first started quilting. The pattern it creates is less important to me than using what is here. I have been saving the HST cuts and will start using them soon so there are few leftovers. Selecting one that represents the same mood isn't going to happen. Moods change as do the color or fabric selections for it. And it doesn't really matter.

It is hard to determine a mood. I decided to do this project first each morning to keep it rather consistent. My moods change through out the day. This is the reason why I thought that creating a quilt based on my energy might be interesting.

The last few days were horrific in terms of how I felt physically and how that transferred to my emotional and mental status. I couldn't quilt. Heck, I had a hard time getting up and moving about, let alone eating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment