Friday, April 6, 2018

Finished Block

Not only did I finish the block, I finished the tutorial for it and submitted it to the admin so she could send it out for testing. It was nice to be ahead of the work. I actually like how it looks and may make a tote or a pillow for a gift at the end of the year.

It might be less trouble to make another block now that I know what I am doing and how to do it. I've trimmed this one down and could just put another piece over it and sew the edges for turning and stuffing a pillow into it. I think that there are so many male images during the holidays that having a female decoration like this one is a strong feminist statement.

I have a hard time when the holidays get closer. I am flooded with thoughts that I must have gifts and more gifts for people in my life. Usually it only hits me in the fall but suddenly, here I am in APRIL already planning ahead. I know that it would be a matter of purchasing pillows and deciding who would get one. I have 6 Nieces & Nephews who are close to me.

The hardest part of this block project was creating the tutorial, and then finding fabric that would work. I can make the outside of the pillow and then watch for pillow forms on sale. It's probably not too early to do this afterall.

No comments:

Post a Comment