Thursday, September 20, 2018

Finished 2 BOM Squares

I got two done, however, my camera lens stuck and I have one pic.

Both blocks were a bit tedious. I forget that it is called Block of the MONTH, and while they do get done in a day, it is wise to remember that we have a full month to complete them.

This one is for the Floral BOM. And my floral fabric is more abstract but will fit with the others in the grouping. If not, I will switch it for the other quilt and whatever block pattern gets issued for them, I will make in more florals. I admit to not having a lot of those kinds of prints so it is becoming challenging. I used a very dark navy blue for the background and then three shades of gray.

The other block I finished was a scrappy holiday print that goes along with the Merry & Bright quilt. It was a huge stretch to use a bright gold, which now, I need to repeat elsewhere.

I got a few more things done around the house to help weatherize for colder months. One was a brush-less motor for the furnace. The ducts were all checked for leakage and some aerators put on faucets. I wanted a new thermostat but the old furnace/AC wiring here didn't work. I've started locking the door at night so that it doesn't blow open with winds, which it did last year. And I am making my first pot of onion soup. My favorite. I'll bake cornbread to go with it. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment