Sunday, September 30, 2018

Tied Quilt

Wow, that quilt is 90" square so used up 2 colors of thread I had to get it tied. 


The pic is a bit blurry, however, as I worked on it, it sure stepped up as a beauty in my eyes. This is a comfort quilt for a friend in TX who says she is always cold. Her Brother died a bit ago and it is my hope this brings her some comfort in her grief.

Grief is a strange beast that goes and comes when you least expect it and is like peeling an onion with its many layers. I have seen it seemed to wear on her photos. I know my own Brother is dear to me and I might not be easily consoled if he passes before I do. Grief.

So as I worked on this one, I took special care to quilt in good vibrations. People tell me they can feel the energy and I hope it is so. Each quilt is very much one of a kind.
 

This one is called Solstice to Solstice as that is the time frame it was constructed at last year. After getting the fabric requirements, I was able to pull out coordinating pieces from my stash to make it. AND yes, it is so much larger than I am comfortable with on my small machine. This is why I chose to tie it rather than machine quilt. Tying is an older acceptable form of quilting. My personal favorite is tied and I use it all the time. I know she will like it and think it will get shipped by the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment