Sunday, September 16, 2018

Setting Squares

What a surprise to get 18 setting squares. I have used setting triangles when the blocks were set on point or at a diagonal. This is different.

The quilt designer has no real plan. Originally, she said their would be 17 blocks. She gave fabric requirements and then just before this part, she suggested people go out and buy more of certain fabrics. Well, I am pulling from scraps. So, it meant trying to figure out how much it would take to make 18 blocks the same. I couldn't do it.

Instead of using the light blue in the 9-patch centers, I had to select another fabric. Gahhh. It seemed to me that it was more patriotic than holiday. Stripes and stars with the angels. And this was not an easy task because the designer did not say how many of the squares were to be cut. I have a lot of the darker blue so went for those squares first, then the longer light blue parts and finally the 4 striped blocks in the center. 

Cut, piece press, pin again and piece, press.

Well, they are done and I decided to piece the BOMs as they get released and not try to vary how it goes together. I am using holiday fabric scraps and yet, so much is left. I will try to work blues in as I can so it seems to make sense and the first blocks are done, so I call them done and will not remake them.

No comments:

Post a Comment