Friday, September 7, 2018

Two to Mail

It was a pleasure to finish this quilt and get it packaged for mailing. I am putting the ties on the apron. It is almost time to ship my older Son's bday quilt as well.

The Hallows quilt is double sided.My camera wouldn't load more photos, so I ended up not posting on the blog.

I like the idea of double siding a quilt because it means I can use more scraps.

This side with the purple and stars is the one that doesn't show the star points because the fabric blends into the background. Then I ran out of background. As time went on, I was able to work on this BOM UFO and can get it out.

The other quilt was the Medallion quilt. Again, I took fabrics from my closet that coordinated and made the quilt that way. I struggled with the bits but think it turned out beautifully. Actually, it is very appealing to the eye. So I will continue to join these groups.

The back is scrapped too. I made a one-block log cabin for this side and let whatever darks I had work for creating the dark/light look of it. Again. using scraps, making something work for both sides and allowing fate take its head and heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment