Monday, September 17, 2018

Merry & Bright BOM

The numbers to the blocks in this quilt pattern are already confusing. I've finished 6 of them, plus 18 setting blocks. I've joined some of those into the first two rows.

Its going to be a busy quilt with a secondary pattern created by the setting blocks. I decided to join the rows so that when a new block is issued, I can be more mindful of colors that work. The peppermint red & white stripe fabric almost looks pink. I was afraid it would look patriotic and now it looks pink, for crying out loud.

The designer admits to not having a plan in mind, so its as much a mystery to her as for those of us working it. Mine is a scrap quilt so I can use what I have. The biggest part WAS in getting enough fabric to do the 18 setting blocks, so now the rest of it should be relatively easy.

At first I thought I might redo earlier blocks and now think they are fine. There will be a total of 17 of them. How they come out as patterns is going to work, and how they come out as colors will work. Sometimes working the mystery is like living life. There are choices. There are natural consequences to the choices. And one hopes they learn from both the choice and the consequence. Its not done til its over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment