Monday, September 10, 2018

Step 3-Larger Triangles

While I like chain piecing because it saves thread and time, doing these blocks has been tedious work. It is efficient, so I just tuck it up and do it.

Again, the pattern wasn't all that clear on the piecing part. It gave how many squares to be cut, and only showed one side of the piecing for this larger triangle, and left few words or instructions for completing the triangle. I'm not whining. I just find following this pattern hard and am grateful that others in the group were ahead of me so I could see what needed to be done.

When the blocks are made, the final steps will simply assemble them. That part will be easy. I need to keep doing this because setting it aside as a UFO would be deadly to the work. It is a hard quilt so far. Well. Tedious. 

There are other BOMs to do, but until this top is made, I don't want to put any of them under my needle. Its sort of interesting to me so see how I work now; preferring to finish a project before starting others. That wasn't how I worked in the past. In the past, I would have several going at once for the variety. I can see how I want to shift to other projects, but stay with one of them til it is finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment