Saturday, September 2, 2017

Last Label

Although there is a lot of machine quilting and sewing for me to do, I am still in process of hand sewing some work, and cutting others.


Through an unforeseen event, one of the basting pins, secured on the back of the quilt, got caught in the machine and ripped a small hole in the whole cloth. The label I made for this quilt is a long rectangular piece because the hole was a few inches off center. The top shows at the top of the pic here. 

I considered using one of the focus fabric flowers as an applique and would have gone that way if this label didn't work. Again, my choice for the label color had to do with fabric I had that also worked as I embroidered it and coordinated with the backing fabric. Done.

It took me less than an hour to hand sew it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment