Saturday, September 16, 2017

Lil Twister Toilet Top Cover

Its hard to make exact sizes with the lil Twister template. The PR with it says the project will finish 1/3 to 1/4 less that the first piecing. I calculated it to sit on the toilet lid cover rather than go edge to edge. 

It measures 7 x 12.5" finished. I used three 5" charms with a 3" border to get that size. Lids measure 8 x 14.5" so this felt close for the template. This was my sample.

It is like knowing when yesterday ends and today begins. 


A fabric scrap makes a mug rug (shown above the lid cover), so did both projects at the same time, even though they look completely different.


I used whole cloth (uncut & unpieced) for the backs. The wavy stripe is almost gone, and I want to purchase another Halloween themed stripe for the remaining projects. I quilted a small grid on the lid quilt and shadow quilted the mug rug.

Three Good Things / Day 4:

  1. Cool enough for open windows
  2. No smoke from wildfires means open windows
  3. Cool enough to garden

No comments:

Post a Comment