Thursday, September 28, 2017

Pot Holders 3 & 4

To my absolute joy, I found my bag of 'orphan' blocks, and was able to put together two more pot holders, both a little larger (these orphan blocks are 12.5" unfinished). While pot holders are usually meant to be about 10", this is what will happen, even though the first two are smaller.


One of them is for Autumn and one is for Spring. The maple leaf block was for a block swap some years ago and while I liked it, the colors didn't quite work. The second one was supposed to be for a March BOM swap, and again, I made & sent a different one. Not sure why the photo was so dark. My little camera does its best.


The other side of these pot holders shows an Autumn Thanksgiving fabric with pieces of corn; and the orange/ blue block was leftover from a child's charity quilt, and for this swap represents a Spring potholder.

I've done an echo stitch on one side for both. I'll spend the next couple of nights sewing all the hand work for the binding on the four pot holders before going onto other personal projects. While I love the small Summer pot holder, I dislike the one for Winter & have until mid-November to decide if it will go to my swap partner or if it gets re-made. Its just wonky.

I am quite appreciative of the timing I added to projects on my sidebar. Its times like these with so many smaller projects that I could forget which one of them needs finishing first. I struggle with the pain of perfectionism. I know most folks would not see what I see, but still...

Three Good Things/Day 14:
  1. The garden fairy lights are awesome. A bit bright, but fun 
  2. Harvested Swiss Chard in my garden for a lovely stir fry dinner
  3. Chatted on the phone with a dear friend, who received a book as a gift that I found on You Tube as an audio book. It means listening (while I quilt) to more from Dan Brown, who is quite a prolific writer, so I am quite pumped with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment