Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Ready to Machine Quilt

Over several hours, I cut, pieced, pressed and found backing & batting scraps to make up five Toilet Lid Mats. My objective for today was to get them to this stage. Done.

Over my lifetime, I found it hard to give myself a break and didn't know where that attitude came from. My Jungian Psych course work helped.


Things are different now that I am a little bit more aware of family traits and personal choices. It is still most difficult for me to leave any project unfinished, and in fact, my plan for 2018 is to take one quilt & finish it before starting something else. I've gone through and tagged the quilts with the name of a month wherein I plan to work in it and get it done.

What I learned to do in the last couple of years was to write notes-to-self, so I set projects aside & not feel driven to getting more than one stage of it done at a time. When I start it up again, I know exactly what the plan was for my next step. This makes projects more WIP (work in progress) rather than UFO (unfinished objects) & lets me have a better attitude about them so I can pick them up & start where I left off.

It also helped to do the BOM quilt-alongs. One step was released each month. My only choice was to make the quilt in a certain number of installments. I couldn't do more than was set out for us each month. It taught me pacing.

TGTs / Day 7:

  1. Daughter-out-law's quilt arrived safely & Son will set it aside for her Oct. 1 bday
  2. Very cool nights, therefore we can open windows!
  3. Veggie Shepherd's Pie is just yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment