Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Finally Basted

I've heard it said that joy is a secondary effect of a primary action. When we create an environment that supports and encourages someone else, we find joy in the doing. Certainly my quilts do that for me and the recipients.


I've had these last 2017 quilts ready to baste, and got this one done today. It is a 72" square so just is over the edges of 2 lunch-room tables about an inch, and because I had a harder time taping down those sides, it took longer to baste and ensure that everything stayed in place.

I have to say that because the size challenged me, my mantra was 'spark joy, spark joy, spark joy' over and over to remind me. 

In the past when I had a larger quilt, I put three tables together but then had to almost crawl to the center of it to baste. That was yet another reason to keep them smaller. When I do a repetitive pattern like this one, I don't really know how big it will end up. Of course the border sizes could have been smaller, but its basted now and ready to machine quilt. 

I bought a lighter green thread, have the bobbins loaded and the quilt rolled to fit in the throat of the machine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment