Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Nurse Mug Rug

Every once in awhile, I come across some 'word' patterned fabric and use it for something specific. Then it sits in my stash.


This fabric was for nursing. I still have scraps and decided to make a mug rug for my #2 Granddaughter who works in a WI senior care center. Her heart has always been sensitive to the needs of others, so it is a perfect profession for her. She is just starting out in her career & as any newbie in any profession, gets more of the work & less of the decision-making.


The other side uses up more of the fabric with two different highlighted words. I am not sure if she will take it to work or keep it at home. 

I used a different stitch on it...a sort of wavy line just to test how it looks. I may try it on one of the quilts going out yet this year. 

I have yet to make an appointment to baste. Our car is in the shop yet. The last part the mechanic needed is supposed to come today, hopefully meaning it is finished soon. I haven't planned to get to the PO until Saturday any way.

I have only one bin of fabric pieces and first colorized them. Then I measured each piece and labeled it with the size. It is getting harder to work with the scraps for quilt tops and I may need to start on the 'kits' I made sooner than planned or simply start finishing the 2018 projects sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment