Thursday, August 31, 2017

Quilt-Along

Kierkegaard, another Existentialist I like, once said that life is not a problem to be solved as much as it is a reality to be experienced.  (wondering why part of that word background is white)


Early this morning, I pin- basted the last of the 2017 quilts. I came home with it and pulled out the small container for the Quilt-along I am doing that is only 4 blocks, each of them machine appliqued, plus borders.

I love how it looks, and then when I looked, I realized something was wrong. Or different. Yet again, it was me reading the darned pattern. The appliqued pieces were reversed. I copied the pattern for them on the iron-on stuff in reverse. I had compensated for the error by adding a tall flower, and centering the door.

No one is going to notice. This is a quilt for my GoddessDaughter/Niece and she will love it. However, it is almost September and I barely got this block done 'in time'.

The first month of this quilt-along had us cut all the fabric pieces. I used scraps from my stash. It will be 63" x 73" and I plan to make a back from the scraps too. I plan to read the pattern and see if I can make the next house block turn out the way it was designed.

No comments:

Post a Comment