Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Outer Pockets

I spent time hand stitching binding, and then stitched the bottom of the pocket to the tote. It has been said that one of the spiritual questions most of us ask is: "How much is enough?" Nearly everything we do is a reflection of the presence or absence of spirituality in our lives.


I did this much. The strap takes 120" of fabric that goes up and around and down and over to make the second loop. Two sides of it get binding, one side machine sewn and the other hand stitched. 120" x 2. The tote is a holiday gift so doesn't need to be finished until November. Glad to have a head start on it. 

Recently, I made myself a promise to finish anything I start before starting a new project, so setting this one aside to work on other things is more difficult than I realized. It makes it difficult for the quilt-along, and that is an exception.

I do have projects that need to ship out earlier. I need to attend to them first. There is a label to finish one; basting, machine quilting & binding to be finished on the other. So it is important for me to remember that for now, enough is enough on the Weekender Tote Bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment