Thursday, August 24, 2017

Plan B

Focus is important. By concentrating on what is in front of me, I learn my patterns, my rules. My world is often filled with wonder, and sometimes mystery. I have always been surrounded by surprises. It has been important for me to be aware of life around me as well as what happens within.

Top & Bottom of the last of the 2017 quilts matched at home, however, when I got them on the table, the length was short. I came home, pulled out dead plant matter from the North garden to fill the trash container, pulled some smaller weeds, and then came inside to add borders. The Top & Bottom need pressing and will be ready to baste in the morning.

I have leftover batting for the Weekender Tote Bag & started cutting pieces for it, which are now pinned to machine quilt.

It might go together easier cut into smaller pieces before machine quilting. The main piece of the tote is 22" x 38". However, because of the print, quilting on the white lines might make it easy. It will need close pin basting.

As chance would have it, I was able to order green & red online, meant for holiday quilting but working perfectly for this project. It is surprising how different the colors are, so I am still trying to decide which to use as the lining and which to use for the binding. I am going to take my time.

Chance. Change. Choice. I believe that nothing happens to me by chance. I believe that I must be willing to change with the slightest breeze. And most of all, I believe I have a choice to have a positive attitude, to laugh at roadblocks or detours and to keep on keeping on.

No comments:

Post a Comment