Friday, August 18, 2017

So The Top Looks Good

I worked quite hard to avoid winkles, crinkles, puckers & rumps on the back as I quilt. Straight pinning the lines only helped me think that it worked, yet I did it for every line. And the back still is not perfect. Is it me? Is it my need for perfection? Everything we do, is less than perfect. For all of us.


My guess is that it will wrinkle even more after it gets washed a few times and no one will be any wiser for my struggle. So why then do I struggle for perfection when I know it is an illusion? 

I want to be in the state of mind that sees wrinkles as kickers, like this Women's World Cup winner. Life has wrinkles in it. Things don't always go as we plan. We can go back and try to fix things and in the end, we simply have to do the best we can with whatever skills are left in our bodies to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment