Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Scraps From Weekender

Often we can look right at something and not see it. Sometimes we see what we expect to see and sometimes we just miss what is right in front of us. Things are not always what they appear to be. I find that with scrap quilting. Sometimes I have to walk away from a project even if it means that it becomes a UFO.

Although scraps were small, with the very high cost of that poly batting, & the fact pieces were already quilted, I decided to make smaller, quite smaller totes from them.
I squared pieces and joined the smallest piece to make a small bag, which I will keep for myself. The binding was easy to do. I found some white cording and will need to come up with some sort of closure. I might look for a magnet thingy at the fabric store. My own small Coach strap broke, & this smaller quilted bag is perfect for my cell and credit cards. Its so Springy that I feel like its a take-off on the Game of Thrones House Stark words about Winter. 

"Spring is Coming."

The other one...well. I have another scrap to use as a side insert. I am not sure what kind of straps to put on it, so it will become a bit of a UFO if I don't get to it right away. It would be nice to finish and send to #4 Granddaughter with the Weekender. Not sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment