Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Pockets

After the quilting part, most of the Weekender Tote Bag was made in class which ran seven hours with a lunch break. Excitement can be both pleasurable and addictive. Quilting is that for me. Its been said that there is nothing wrong with being excited as long as it is a genuine celebration rather than a shortcut to disaster.


This is what the inner pockets look like inside the tote. The green. I never thought about how being a workaholic all my life was leading me to some disaster. Luckily, I have learned to pace myself, and take more frequent breaks from the work so I can eat, drink water and stretch. 


Even cutting stiff batting into smaller sections, there was a lot of work with the bag part above (22" x 38"). Next is hand binding outer pockets and binding on smaller pieces. I didn't like how the machine stitching turned out on the first bag and have time to make it turn out a little better. The pockets get sewn on their bottoms only.

The next part is the strap, and it too has binding, which I plan to machine stitch on, turn and then do hand binding. It will need machine quilting before adding the binding, so there is a lot of work left to do on this Weekender Tote Bag. I really don't mind taking it slower.

No comments:

Post a Comment