Thursday, August 23, 2018

66 Friendship Blocks

The Blessed Jets quilt has so many steps to it. Yet, when all is said and done, it will be a sweet quilt for a 3-year-old boy who is growing up every day.

This part of the quilt makes up 66 Friendship blocks. It started with 264 - 2.5" blue and white QST for the star rays. That part was marking, stitching, cutting, pressing and ensuring that they were to size. The Friendship block itself is a 9-patch assembly. That means joining 3 squares across for 3 rows. I actually ran out of pins while working on this step, so will finish for the day with the rows pieced, and then press them to get ready for joining into the block.

This is the kind of quilt that cannot be put away and must be worked on until the top is completed. Rather than make notes-to-self on it, I've been checking off the steps on the pages of the printed pattern. This is page 3 of 8. Yikes. 

Sometimes I wonder what I get myself into. However, when a challenge appears, I guess it is something to keep me active, alert and going forward with a purpose. Every morning that I wake up, I feel a sense of gratitude in the sunshine of the daylight shining in my room. I know I made it through the night and have been given the grace to do it all again.

No comments:

Post a Comment