Wednesday, August 1, 2018

HIgh Holy Day

In the old tradition, this day was one of 8 agricultural events honoring their work. It marks the celebration for the first harvesting. Usually, in my gardens it is harvesting herbs and some of the leftover onions & garlic. In my life, it celebrates early accomplishments I've had. As a quilter, I am REALLY grateful for all I have done & learned through fabric arts.

Today, I took the sidebar check list & compared it with current projects, and some that are started waiting for a finish. I updated the check list and went back to work on Step 8 that finishes up the Medallion quilt.

Because my first attempt was done incorrectly and I had to unpick those stitches, I only made one pair of flying geese just to make sure it turned out, & will continue sewing on lines with the blocks. That may be all I get done today before heading out to LA with company. Pieces need to be cut in half & pressed before adding the other wing to each goose. My pressing board and iron are put away for now.

My fabric bins are getting down, however there are small containers on the closet shelf that hold planned projects. Actually I need to get to them next so that when each project is finished, there are more scraps to add to the bins. Its still pretty on-going and far from finished. 

I am tempted to join a Holiday mystery quilt-along to use up those fabrics, but like waves in the ocean, there is always another one coming along. I can wait on that. One of the projects to finish is a holiday wonky block. I may need to make a back and those scraps could work.

No comments:

Post a Comment