Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Finishing Step 8

It is amazing how the borders or steps go together on this quilt. Very little trim was required, yet the corner squares needed an inch, which was easy to do. Funny thing was that I put away all the quilting projects before leaving for Vegas and 'hid' this project in the unfinished bin. Of course, that was the last place I looked for it. Duh.

It turned out nicely. I am always surprised because the quiltalongs I join are mystery quilts and so I never know what the finish will look like. I didn't like the red hearts in the center but used a red center elsewhere. Knowing what it would look like would help with color choices, but it is a mystery and needs to be left to chance.

When I first did a mystery, I made a quilt that I gave to Mother. Since her move to a nursing care facility, the quilt is in the hands of someone else, and I have no idea where or who. Life is like that. Surrendering to fate, to the choices of others. All we can do is our best in the moment and believe that it is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment