Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Sew Many Projects

After finishing the scrappy back for the 90" square Solstice to Solstice quilt top, I wasn't sure what to start on first. 

There is a soft book for a Nanny that is a panel and takes batting scraps. Ok, wait on that one until the next two quilts are basted. There are always scraps cut from the sides. It will be the third one I've made and they are quick.

Then there are six 12" pillows with a holiday appliqué. I've sorted colors and the process might also go quickly if they can be done in assembly fashion.


In my recent sorting, I've found fabrics suitable for backs. One is a lovely orange batik that is perfect for a Hallows quilt with blackwork squares alternating with pieced blocks. It is for next year; first I want to work on those pillows. Here is a link to one of the You Tube tutorials. I will watch a few of them to make sure I know what I am doing. I need to do the appliqué first and then make the pillow envelope or cover.

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LJnPEvjdDo


No comments:

Post a Comment