Monday, August 6, 2018

Bargello

I pieced the flannel and am a bit irritated with JoAnns for cutting the 6 yards into two pieces of 4 & 2 yards. It took so much work to get them to fit for the top and it barely fits. I cut the batting to fit and then took the top to the pressing board. I found two spots that need re-doing and want to reinforce the edge seams on it. That will take 10 minutes at best.

Then it goes to 5Heart Quilts to get long-armed. Her preference for the pattern is hearts, of course. In this case, I love the concept on this particular quilt. Not only the heart pattern, but how closely she does the pattern. It reinforces the smaller joints of the Bargello. I am glad to check it off as nearly finished on my part. I do not have to baste nor machine quilt. It will need binding, so while I am at that fabric store, I will purchase a solid to complement it. Claudia, the store owner always seems to know the best fabric choices.

I do not think I will do another Bargello pattern. There are lovely ones out there, and while I love the math of it, cutting and piecing to get to the end of it, doesn't seem worth it to make a utility quilt that gets dragged around and washed often. This is another reason why I decided to pay for the long-arm quilting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment