Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Along Came the Cat

Then, the Cat drooled over the folded quilt. I had just gone to the mirrored closet door to put the birthday quilt away when I saw the Cat. DROOLING on the quilt! So I spent the rest of the day trying to get the stain out. I got to it right away. Evidently, saliva is protein based and extremely hard to remove. True. He has never done this before and seems to want to be on this quilt all the time. Guess he marked it good.

It was still stained this morning after drying overnight, so at the suggestion of one of the quilters I know, I put Dawn dishwashing soap on it. Then I soaked the spot with water. I am thinking more and more that I will wash it with some color catchers before giving it as the gift in February.

I don't ever pre-wash the quilts before giving them; some quilters say they always do. Just a preference.

Then I started cutting for the Blessed Jets quilt. I cut all the fabrics and made 2 strip sets. What a lot of work this one is.

No comments:

Post a Comment